Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Helpful Explanation

Found on the back of a power strip I bought:

"With use of electronic equipment in almost all facets of life, even momentary outages and power quality problems can adversely affect customers at home and work."

-Electric Power Research Institute


I'm not sure what sort of research these guys did to back this up, but I consider myself warned.

I'm also pretty sure that my power strip does nothing to prevent outages.

Think you're safe at home? You're not. What about at work? You're not safe if you use electricity. Think there's some other facet of life where a momentary outage or power quality problem won't possibly adversely affect you? Think again--especially if that facet of your life involves the use of electronic equipment.

I almost wonder if they could generalize this idea to things besides electricity:

Maybe, "If you depend on X and X fails, you could be adversely affected."

No comments: