Monday, January 8, 2007

Airlines and Expectations

The long period during which airlines worked to lower our expectations may soon be coming to an end based on anecdotal evidence collected during the week of 1 Jan 07-7 Jan 07.

One consumer reports being delighted to find that the flight attendants gave him extra generous portions during the in-flight snack and beverage services. He reportedly received an entire can of cranapple juice without his even asking. "The guy next to me asked for the can and they must have thought it was me, so I guess that's why they did it," he says.

He was also "tickled pink" that during the second in-flight snack service his inquiry regarding the shortbread cookies followed by his request for peanuts resulted in his receiving not only peanuts, but also the shortbread cookie. "I didn't even want the cookie," he says, "but I was impressed that they gave it to me anyway just for my asking what it was. They also gave me three bags of peanuts, while I was expecting only one."

According to the consumer, he was so pleased with their service that he nearly went to Delta's website to leave positive feedback for that particular flight. "I was about to click on the 'contact us' link when I got distracted doing something else."

When asked if he planned to fly Delta airlines again, he admitted that he didn't have any concrete plans right now, but did indicate that he would ". . .definitely do it again. . ." if given the chance.

No comments: